Calendar of Festivals and Exciting Events in Nottinghamshire
Please take a look at our What's on Guide for Nottinghamshire, which gives you information about the top events and activities happening across the County, throughout the year. More events will be added as they are confirmed.
· January Sales - throughout January, all the main shops and department stores offer new savings as they clear out their stocks to make way for the new coming season
· 2nd - Chinese New Year with celebrations at Lakeside
· 6th - Light Night. Enjoy a huge range of activities, discounts and offers around Nottingham
· 14th - Valentines Day. Treat your loved one to a romantic meal at one of Nottinghamshire's fantastic restaurants.
· 4th March - pancake day, with events across Notts for the whole family
· 17th - St Patrick's Day. With a parade from the Forest Recreation Ground to the Market Square
· 30th - Mother's Day. With events and hands-on activities at venues around the County.
· 18th to 21st - Easter. A whole feast of events for the whole family
· 23rd - St. George's Day Celebration. With a parade from the Forest Recreation Ground to the Market Square. Featuring marching bands and costumed characters.
· 4th Early May Bank Holiday
· 22nd May to 1st June - Nottinghamshire schools half-term
· 23rd to 25th - The Great Food and Drink Festival at Nottingham Castle. Discover a plethora of wonderful food and drink, with a mix of Michelin starred and top chefs providing hands-on cookery demonstrations
· 25th - Spring Bank Holiday.
· 21st - Father's Day
· 18th - Splendour - with top music acts at Wollaton Park.
· 31st July to 2nd August - Nottingham Riverside Festival. With a range of festivities, street entertainers and food stalls, all on the Victoria Embankment, alongside the River Trent
· 3rd to 9th - Robin Hood Festival - attended by large crowds and held each year at Sherwood Forest
· 22nd and 23rd- Caribbean Carnival. Major weekend event taking place each year at the Forest Recreation Ground, where the city's Caribbean population celebrate with floats, dancing and colour
29th to 31st - The Great Food and Drink Festival at Newstead Abbey
· 31st - Summer Bank Holiday
· Sunday 30 September - The Robin Hood Half Marathon
· 1st to 5th - Goose Fair. A historic and extremely famous European travelling fairground at the Forest Recreation Ground, with fast rides, side stalls and a large 'Entertainment Marquee'
· 8th to 11th - Robin Hood Beer Festival, Nottingham Castle. The Nottingham Branch of CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale are pulling out all the stops to make sure 2013 will be even bigger and better! There'll be live entertainment at the Victorian bandstand and the majority of the beers will be served in the main marquee on the top green which will contain even more stalls. A variety of hot and cold foods will be available, both in the main marquee and spread around the grounds, with a much wider choice than before.
· 25th and 26th - Robin Hood Pageant. The Robin Hood Pageant, set in the historic setting of Nottingham Castle on Saturday 25 and Sunday 26 October 2014, invites you to enjoy and experience the life and times of our famous outlaw, Robin Hood!
· 20th to 31st - school half-term holiday (dates vary according to school), with events across Nottinghamshire
· 31st October - Halloween. Lots of spooky going-ons for the whole family!
· 5th - Bonfire Night. Fireworks and Guy Fawkes celebrations at the Forest Recreation Ground and at venues across Nottinghamshire.
· 28th and 29th - Great Food and Drink Festival's Christmas Event at Wollaton Hall
· Christmas Markets - early to mid-December. Traditional markets in Nottingham City Centre, attracting a number of local traders, with plenty of craft stands, handmade jewellery and hot food
· Christmas Panto - throughout December to early January, all the usual family pantomime fun, at the Royal Centre, Nottingham Playhouse, Nottingham Arts Theatre and Lakeside.
· 5th to 6th - The Great Food and Drink Festival's Christmas Event at Wollaton Hall
There are always plenty of events in Nottingham and things to do for the whole family!