Calendar of Festivals and Exciting Events in Nottinghamshire
Please take a look at our What's on Guide for Nottinghamshire, which gives you information about the top events and activities happening across the County, throughout the year. More events will be added as they are confirmed.
· January Sales - throughout January, all the main shops and department stores offer new savings as they clear out their stocks to make way for the new coming season
· 2nd - Chinese New Year with celebrations at Lakeside
· 6th - Light Night. Enjoy a huge range of activities, discounts and offers around Nottingham
· 14th - Valentines Day. Treat your loved one to a romantic meal at one of Nottinghamshire's fantastic restaurants.
· 4th March - pancake day, with events across Notts for the whole family
· 17th - St Patrick's Day. With a parade from the Forest Recreation Ground to the Market Square
· 30th - Mother's Day. With events and hands-on activities at venues around the County.
· 18th to 21st - Easter. A whole feast of events for the whole family
· 23rd - St. George's Day Celebration. With a parade from the Forest Recreation Ground to the Market Square. Featuring marching bands and costumed characters.
· 4th Early May Bank Holiday
· 22nd May to 1st June - Nottinghamshire schools half-term
· 23rd to 25th - The Great Food and Drink Festival at Nottingham Castle. Discover a plethora of wonderful food and drink, with a mix of Michelin starred and top chefs providing hands-on cookery demonstrations
· 25th - Spring Bank Holiday.
- 6th and 7th - No Tomorrow Festival at Wollaton Park
- 4th to 7th - Gateway to Southwell Festival
- 21st - Father's Day
- 27th and 28th - Armed Forces Day at Wollaton Park
· 18th - Splendour - with top music acts at Wollaton Park.
· 31st July to 2nd August - Nottingham Riverside Festival. With a range of festivities, street entertainers and food stalls, all on the Victoria Embankment, alongside the River Trent
· 3rd to 9th - Robin Hood Festival - attended by large crowds and held each year at Sherwood Forest
· 22nd and 23rd- Caribbean Carnival. Major weekend event taking place each year at the Forest Recreation Ground, where the city's Caribbean population celebrate with floats, dancing and colour
- 29th to 31st - The Great Food and Drink Festival at Newstead Abbey
· 31st - Summer Bank Holiday
· 24th to 27th - The Great Notts Show in Nottingham's Market Square
27th - The Robin Hood Marathon
· 30th Sept to 4th Oct - Goose Fair. A historic and extremely famous European travelling fairground at the Forest Recreation Ground, with fast rides, side stalls and a large 'Entertainment Marquee'
4th - Rocking Wollaton at Wollaton Hall.
9th Oct to 1st Nov - Family Arts Festival at various venues across Notts.
· 7th to 10th - Robin Hood Beer Festival, Nottingham Castle. The Nottingham Branch of CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale are pulling out all the stops to make sure 2015 will be even bigger and better!
11th - Hockley Hustle. Nottingham's largest multi-centre music festival.
15th to 18th - Mayhem Film Festival at Broadway Cinema.
· 23rd to 25th - Robin Hood Pageant. The Robin Hood Pageant, set in the historic setting of Nottingham Castle, invites you to enjoy and experience the life and times of our famous outlaw, Robin Hood!
30th and 31st - Fright Nights at White Post Farm. Spooky fun for the whole family!
· 31st October - Halloween. Lots of spooky going-ons across Nottinghamshire
· 5th - Bonfire Night. Fireworks and Guy Fawkes celebrations at the Forest Recreation Ground and at venues across Nottinghamshire.
· 28th and 29th - Great Food and Drink Festival's Christmas Event at Wollaton Hall
· 5th and 6th - Great Christmas Show at Wollaton Hall
Christmas Markets - early to mid-December. Traditional markets in Nottingham City Centre, attracting a number of local traders, with plenty of craft stands, handmade jewellery and hot food.
· Christmas Panto - throughout December to early January, all the usual family pantomime fun, at the Royal Centre, Nottingham Playhouse, Nottingham Arts Theatre and Lakeside.
· 5th to 6th - The Great Food and Drink Festival's Christmas Event at Wollaton Hall
31st - New Year's Eve celebrations in Nottingham City Centre and Nottingham Castle
There are always plenty of events in Nottinghamshire and things to do for the whole family!